Practice Policy Update Regarding COVID-19
At Maloney-Shamie Vision Institute, our highest priority is the safety and well-being of our patients, staff and community. Please read closely as the scenarios listed may impact your upcoming appointment.
ANY PATIENT WITH FEVER, COUGH, MALAISE, OR CONTACT WITH COVID-19+ INDIVIDUALS:
- Please do not come in if you have any symptoms of respiratory illness (fever, chills, cough, sore throat, muscle aches, malaise, shortness of breath, loss of smell or taste). Please call your primary care physician and seek medical care and guidance if symptoms are severe.
- If you have had contact with someone with a confirmed case of COVID-19 within the past 14 days, we ask you to please inform us so we can reschedule your appointment for a later date.
PATIENT, PRACTICE & STAFF SAFETY MEASURES
- All patients and staff will be screened prior to entering with questions regarding the listed concerns above. No one will be allowed to enter with symptoms of respiratory illness or fever.
- All patients and staff will be required to wear masks or face coverings in office. Wearing a mask in healthcare settings, regardless of vaccination status, continues to be mandated by the County of Los Angeles Public Health. If you do not bring your own mask, you will be provided one upon entry.
- Installation of plexiglass screens at our front desk and in offices where it is not possible to maintain 6-foot social distancing to help protect those who are unvaccinated..
- Installation of plastic eye shield screens on diagnostic equipment in exams rooms to create a barrier between patient and staff during close-proximity testing.
- All exam rooms, diagnostic equipment and the surgical suite are disinfected before every patient encounter and common touch points in the office are sterilized hourly.
- We now require intake forms be submitted online in advance of your consultation appointment to reduce your time spent in office.
- We are offering Virtual Consultations and Virtual Follow-Ups (for select appointment types) as options.
- Your team at the Maloney-Shamie Vision Institute
Follow Us On Instagram
- Meet Dr. Robert Maloney
- Meet Dr. Neda Shamie
- Meet Our Team
- Meet Our Patients
- Out-of-Town Patients
- Why MSVI?
Accessibility: If you are vision-impaired or have some other impairment covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to using this website, please contact our Accessibility Manager at 310.882.6365.