Practice Policy Update Regarding COVID-19
At Maloney-Shamie Vision Institute, our highest priority is the safety and well-being of our patients, staff and community. Please read closely as the scenarios listed may impact your upcoming appointment.
ANY PATIENT WITH FEVER, COUGH, MALAISE, OR CONTACT WITH COVID-19+ INDIVIDUALS:
- Please do not come in if you have any symptoms of respiratory illness (fever, chills, cough, sore throat, muscle aches, malaise, shortness of breath, loss of smell or taste). Please call your primary care physician and seek medical care and guidance if symptoms are severe.
- If you have had contact with someone with a confirmed case of COVID-19 within the past 14 days, we ask you to please inform us so we can reschedule your appointment for a later date.
PATIENT, PRACTICE & STAFF SAFETY MEASURES
- All patients and staff will be screened prior to entering with infrared temperature check to rule out fever, and questions regarding the listed concerns above. No one will be allowed to enter with symptoms of respiratory illness or fever.
- All patients and staff will be required to wear masks or face coverings in office. If you do not bring your own mask you will be provided one upon entry.
- To minimize the number of people in the office, you are permitted to bring a single companion with you to your appointment.
- Installation of plexiglass screens at our front desk and in offices where normal 6-foot social distancing is not possible.
- Installation of plastic eye shield screens on diagnostic equipment in exams rooms to create a barrier between patient and staff during close-proximity testing.
- All exam rooms, diagnostic equipment and the surgical suite are disinfected before every patient encounter and common touch points in the office are sterilized hourly.
- We have decreased the number of appointments per physician per day to reduce the number of patients in office at any given time.
- We now require intake forms be submitted online in advance of your consultation appointment to reduce the number of patients in the waiting room and to reduce your time spent in office.
- We are offering TeleMedicine including Virtual Consultations and Virtual Follow-Ups (for select appointment types) as options to reduce the number of patients seen in office.
Frequently Asked Questions
IS OUR OFFICE OPEN?
- Yes, we resumed normal business operations including consultations, exams, and procedures on Monday, May 11th. Regular hours - Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:30pm.
ARE WE SEEING NEW PATIENTS FOR CONSULTATION?
- Yes, we are scheduling new LASIK, Cataract, and Cornea consultations in-person, as well as offering Virtual LASIK Consultations as a convenient option.
HOW DO THE VIRTUAL CONSULTATIONS WORK?
- The Virtual Consultations give you an opportunity to meet Dr. Maloney or Dr. Shamie and learn about your potential treatment options from the comfort of your home (and save you a drive).
- They also allow you to expedite your path to vision correction surgery because after the Virtual Consultation we would only need to see you for a preoperative exam and procedure, which in some cases could be done the same day.
- Contact the office to learn more or submit a Virtual Consultation request here.
- Your team at the Maloney-Shamie Vision Institute
Follow Us On Instagram
- Meet Dr. Robert Maloney
- Meet Dr. Neda Shamie
- Meet Our Team
- Meet Our Patients
- Out-of-Town Patients
- Why MSVI?