Practice Policy Update Regarding COVID-19
At Maloney-Shamie Vision Institute, our highest priority is your health and safety. Please read closely as the scenarios listed may impact your upcoming appointment.
ANY PATIENT WITH FEVER, COUGH, MALAISE, RECENT TRAVEL, RECENT ATTENDANCE AT A LARGE MEETING OR SPORTING EVENT, OR CONTACT WITH COVID-19+ INDIVIDUALS:
- If you have symptoms of respiratory illness (fever, cough, sore throat, muscle aches, malaise, shortness of breath) please call your primary care physician and seek medical care and guidance immediately.
- If you have had contact with someone with a confirmed case of COVID-19, we ask you to please inform us so we can reschedule your appointment for a later date.
- We understand you may have an ocular concern that requires a more urgent attention in which case we ask you to please inform us of your situation by telephone before your appointment, and we will make arrangements to see you in a way that avoids contact with other patients
PATIENT COMPANIONS WILL BE ASKED TO WAIT IN THE CAR UNLESS NECESSARY FOR PHYSICAL ASSISTANCE OR HELP WITH A LANGUAGE BARRIER. THIS IS TO MINIMIZE NUMBER OF INDIVIDUALS IN CLOSE PROXIMITY TO ONE ANOTHER.
- A single companion can enter the office with you to be with your during your LASIK surgery.
PATIENT SCREENINGS AND HEIGHTENED RESTRICTIONS AT MSVI:
- All patients (and staff) will be screened prior to entering with infra-red temperature check to rule out fever, and questions regarding the listed concerns above. No one will be allowed to enter with symptoms of respiratory illness or fever. Please stay home and—if you believe it is necessary—call your physician or contact your community health hotline.
Please call us before your visit if you have any concerns about our protocols.
- Your team at the Maloney-Shamie Vision Institute
Follow Us On Instagram
- Meet Dr. Robert Maloney
- Meet Dr. Neda Shamie
- Meet Our Team
- Meet Our Patients
- Out-of-Town Patients
- Why MSVI?