Dr. Robert Maloney and Dr. Neda Shamie have performed over 60,000 vision correction procedures.
IntraLase: For Blade-Free LASIK
Your first step of All-Laser LASIK in Los Angeles.
Laser eye surgery is a two-step process: first the surgeon creates a corneal flap, removing the surface of the cornea, then he uses a laser to reshape the underlying corneal tissue to change your vision.
At Maloney-Shamie Vision Institute Center, both steps of the LASIK procedure are performed with lasers, so your LASIK surgery is completely blade-free. Using the IntraLase Method, Vision Correction Specialist Dr. Robert Maloney or Dr. Neda Shamie will use first one state-of-the-art laser to cut the corneal flap, and then a second state-of-the-art laser to change your eye. Bladeless cutting means comfortable, rapid creation of the flap, precise and simple replacement of the flap, as well as rapid, painless healing. Vision Correction Specialist Robert Maloney will carefully program and control the IntraLase Laser as it makes the corneal flap.
How the IntraLase Method Works
With IntraLase technology, Dr. Maloney or Dr. Shamie are able to program the dimensions of your flap based on what's best for your eye. Then the IntraLase laser creates your flap from below the surface of the cornea—without ever cutting it. How is that possible?
- Ultra-fast pulses of laser light position microscopic bubbles at a precise depth determined by Dr. Maloney or Dr. Shamie.
- The laser light passes harmlessly through your cornea. Then the laser creates rows of these bubbles just beneath your corneal surface as it moves back and forth across your eye in a uniform plane.
- Next, the IntraLase laser stacks bubbles around your corneal diameter to create the edges of your flap. These bubbles are stacked at an angle that is determined by Dr. Maloney or Dr. Shamie and is individualized to the way your eye is shaped.
- The process takes only about 30 seconds from start to finish—it's quiet and comfortable.
- Dr. Maloney or Dr. Shamie then gently lifts the flap to allow for the second step of your LASIK treatment. When treatment is complete, the flap easily "locks" back into position and rapidly begins to heal.
Schedule a FREE LASIK Consultation today! Find out if you are a candidate by calling or emailing today.
Want to see it all, without your glasses? To schedule your Complimentary LASIK IntraLase Consultation, call us at .
More than 100 eye doctors or their family members from around the world have chosen Dr. Maloney or Dr. Shamie to perform their surgery. Shouldn’t you?
MSVI IntraLase Results
Watch Dr. Maloney Perform and Explain IntraLase LASIK on 10 Years Younger.
"When I went in to see Dr. Maloney my vision was 20/25. I was looking for the unfair advantage.
He improved my vision to 20/15. Now I can see anything, anywhere, anytime. It's so much easier to do your job when you're not concentrating on what you can't see."Bill Auberlen, Champion Race Car Driver